Studio Health and Safety Measures
To our beautiful community
The health and wellbeing of our community is our priority and we want to assure you that, given the current concerns about Coronavirus, we have heightened our cleaning routines at all of the studios to make sure they remain clean, fresh and welcoming for all of you.
Here are some of the additional steps that we are taking at the studios:
- Towel/Hand Towel: Please bring a towel or hand towel to cover your bolster in yin and meditation classes. This is very important, and unfortunately we won’t be able to allow the use of bolsters without a towel.
- Mats: It is no longer appropriate to provide mats until this situation clears. You will now be required to bring your own mat to class. If you do not have a mat we ask that you purchase one before attending class. Lululemon, Target, Kmart, or even your local $2 shop have yoga mats at a range of prices.
- Hand Sanitiser: We ask that you please continue to use the hand sanitiser on the desk as you sign-in for class, and wash your hands when you leave the studio.
- Props: We have removed all blocks, straps, and blankets from the studio during this time. Our incredible teachers are creating sequences that do not rely on the use of props.
- Cups: We have removed all cups from the studio. Please bring your own cup or water bottle.
- Adjustments/Assists: There will be no adjustments by the teachers in class.
- Cleaning: We will continue to be extra diligent with cleaning the studio and disinfecting surfaces and handles.
- Feeling Unwell: If you are feeling unwell, have a fever, cough or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and rest. Also, as advised by the Prime Minister, anyone arriving back to Australia from overseas travel is required to self-isolate for 14 days. If you are worried, please seek medical advice. Our teachers will also be following this measure.
We are confident that these extra measures will ensure that we can all continue to practice and feel and keep safe at the same time.
We really appreciate that this is a challenging and unprecedented situation that has impacted people in our community greatly. We hope you and your loved ones are coping well, and we encourage you to do your best to focus on your health and wellbeing during this period.
Please look after yourself. If we can help in any way, please just let us know.
Clare, Susan and the team at LSY xx